Ahhh, there is nothing like spending 2 hours at Super Walmart one day, and spending two more hours in a regular Walmart the next day because you couldn't find what you wanted! And part of that reason (why you couldn't find the products and why it took four hours total) is because I was traveling "light" with my 3 and 4 year olds. Yes, the wonderful world of shopping with my monkeys. I actually liked the newness of the Super Walmart I went to. I've never been since it is a bit further out, but we needed a particular set of curlers for a dance recital (yes, insert eye roll here). So we made the trek out and also tacked "fathers day gift" onto the shopping list. My three year old was adamant that she wanted to get Daddy a purple mermaid, but thankfully she was swayed. The four year old picked out some magazine with a fast car and scantily clad girl on it (huh??). I think I said something along the lines of, "Daddy has a van and me to look at, so I'm not sure he'd want that magazine" Er... yeah, not the best at thinking up quick responses, but I am working on it! She put the magazine away and found a really great one on gardening! Yep- Daddy'll sure like that one, lol.
So, after spending so much time at the Super WM I was trying to walk around like I actually knew where I was going. I did feel a bit smug as I saw people wandering about, looking very lost, very confused. I thought that I must look much more aware than they do, but that was probably hard considering most of the time I was just chasing down one child or another. And I promised each child they could pick out a coloring book since we had about three hours to kill between recital dances (yes, another eyeroll). So we left the store with one My Little Ponies coloring book and another one on the birth of baby Jesus in the manger. I suppose it doesn't have to be Christmas to color a Christmas coloring book. I have no idea why she picked that one, but I'm just crossing my fingers that she remembers the reason when we actually have to color in these come recital time.
So, we found almost everything we needed- except for the one thing my husband requested for fathers day; replacement blades for his electric razor. Alright. So after picking up five different packages and reading the itsy bity words on the back, searching for the magic number. Nope, nope, nope, nope and nope. None were the right ones. So I told my husband he must have given me the wrong number ;) And that, all you readers of long winded bloggers, is why I had to go to Walmart yet again. At least it wasn't a Super one! Just a regular three block one. And no- they didn't have the replacement razors.
As for my kitchen conquests... let's just not talk about that. Pretty boring I must say. Since I Was at Super WM I felt compelled to buy something there since I could. But do they have lamb? Nooooo. I thought maybe cause it's a bit out of the ordinary, but then I saw a couple packages of tripe. Wha? They have tripe but no lamb?? so I did up a boring ol' sausage skillet yesterday. And today was no better with some quesadillas. I know, I know, how pitiful that I start this all up to share my (clears throat) wonderful meals preps and all, but I've come up with nothing. Nada, Zip.
Ooooh, thundering! And lightning! And bring on the rain! I have a love/hate relationship with thunderstorms... right now more on the hate side since this particular one is supposed to bring hail with the possibility of tornadoes... so I will sign off just in case I need to be clutching onto Toto through the wind gusts in a short while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment