Friday, June 6, 2008

And so it begins....

Sure, I am just a follower in this crazy blogging world, but hey, there's nothing wrong with being a follower ;) To be partially honest, though, I have this big wonderful dream that one day I will have enough time to join the "daring bakers" forum and prepare so many of the yummy concoctions they make. I don't want to sign up to the blog and just have me and my email address. I want my big ol' blog right there along side me, puffing out it's chest and huffing, "bring it on!". Yeah. So, this month they did this opera cake which looks so delish! Sure, everyone creates there own version, and that's what I am all about! (but let's not mention that slight mistake of basil ice cream, shall we?).
So, what makes me think that I could enter such a group? Well, I love to bake, really, that's about all. I have no time, and I hate to clean the kitchen, but alas, I'll try this blogging thing, and if that goes well, join the daring bakers I will!! What did I bake today? Some uber-delicious chocolate chocolate cookies! I think I ate five of them before I wrapped them up and froze them to keep my mitts off. And I sent my dear, sweetie of a husband to work with four of them. He's dear and sweet today because he planted my garden for me! Did I also mention that he bought all the veggies and herbs himself, too?? Yep, he's a keeper alright. Though, he did mention that we will have an abundance of peppers this year... No worries :D
Yes, I did mention that I have three children. Most days they are wonderful, happy and smiling children, and then there are the days where I could swear that they will start speaking in tongues and have their heads rotate around on their skinny shoulders. Thankfully today was not one of those days. I can't say the same for yesterday, but that's a whole 'nother, and long, story.
Today nothing much really happened outside the ordinary. One moment from today, though, was my oldest, who is painfully sensitive and can (and usually will) cry at the drop of a hat was wailing away upstairs while I was on the computer down here. I thought to myself that it sounded very much like a pain cry, albeit not an urgent pain cry. Weighing my options I start heading in her direction as I hear her coming down the stairs, caterwauling (ok, yeah, my new favorite word since reading "pirates don't change babies diapers") the whole way. I ask her what happened and she responds "I hit my head on the wall" (more loud wailing follows this reply). As I start to ask her if she needs a kiss for her boo-boo her face brightens,eyes open wide and turns and runs up the stairs "let's do that again!" she hollers.

No comments: