
Salmon; three ways. Really, this is my life. The small back portion is for the girls. One is determined to never try salmon. Another eats it sometimes and the third could probably run into the water, grab a sharpened stick and harpoon her own salmon, wrestle it into submission before filleting it and adding too much salt. She pretty much ate that whole "bare" piece back there. Did I mention she just turned four? The other back piece was mine and man, it was yummy. It was an easy recipe of Caesar dressing with basil, Parmesan and olive oil. I added crushed croutons to mine, and the one in the foreground (belonging to Atkins-boy) was left without the crouton topping.

veggie fajitas!! sauteed peppers and onion with portabellos smothered in salsa, tomaotes, jalepeno, sour cream, avocado and hot sauce! And did I mention the scattering of cheddar cheese? Fajitas are always a good idea.

Green bean salad chock full of yumminess! radishes and bleu cheese! It really was so good, I was sad when it was all gone :(

Who doesn't love a good panini! Well, really I suppose it was just a grilled sanwhich, but yum! succhini, roasted red pepper and mozzerella. Super good :D And finally my tummy was able to handle solid food :D

More soup! And man, it was an ugly, ugly soup. I can't even remember what kind it was! Some kind of mushroom soup, and the problem was that I had to add sour cream. The sour cream was added after using a blender to liquefy the soup. But, unfortunately I used an immulsion blender, which is all well and goo (easy), but I failed to consider that the blender method would have cooled the soup- thusly allowing the addition of the sour cream to not separate. My soup was hot, so, viola! separated sour cream. Not to mention this was also not a good choice for a stomach rehab dinner.

Ah. Neon soup. Because I still was not feeling better, and I didn't really want to eat, I "made" this. I had the nagging feeling I
should eat, but in the end, I think I only had about two or three spoonfuls. It was V8 tomato soup, so not like I actually cooked it or anything, but again, might be a good long while (never) that I even have this again. Besides, a neon dinner is not a good way to get a tummy back on track.

I know what it looks like, but it's not what you think. It's a black bean burger :D My first try at making my own veggie burger, and it was ok, except that this was the night I ended up with a stomach bug, so... well, you can imagine what happened all night, and I am not sure when I will be ready to make (or eat!) another veggie burger. Not for a good long while, methinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment