
My grocery day is Tuesday. That's when I shop. I stay up late on Mondays writing my list, planning my menu. I'm telling you this because this week I went on a Friday, and it was somewhat last minute thing, and I didn't plan a whole week of menu's and now I am scraping the bottom of the barrel. I am out of fresh ingredients and am just trying to piece things together. I guess I am either going to have to think outside of the box, or just do some recipes I've done before. At the very least I will be eating out of the freezer until Tuesday! So tonight for dinner I made some fish with a very yummy avocado and tomato salsa. After I took the picture I added some cilantro that I had forgotten about. It was really good. I love avocado. And I am not the only one, either. My cat, Grendel, also loves avocado. I mean to the point where he will tackle someone in order to get it. Now, he didn't go tackling me cause he knows better, but he did jump from counter to counter, trying to steal my dinner before I had to put him in his room. He's quite the avocado aficionado! If I am in doubt of the freshness of an avocado, I just offer it to Grendel. It's no joke. He will not eat an avocado if it's not fresh. Too bad the same cannot be said for MacDonald s French Fries. He will eat those, no matter how stale!
1 comment:
I'd kind of like to see Grendel tackling someone for avocado.
That "scraped the bottom of the barrel" dinner frankly looks delish!
Post a Comment